- Design sound strategies for the management of natural resources and their related services, and interventions that promote enhanced resource based livelihoods, with due consideration to ecological integrity in urban as well as rural areas.
- Work towards appropriate policies for sustainable, equitable and productive use of natural resources, and sustainable natural resources based livelihoods in both cities and rural areas.
- Work towards evolving appropriate institutional arrangements for implementing actions for management of natural resources and their services, which also promote inter-sectoral coordination.
- Undertake policy advocacy for sustainable natural resource management systems that are people centred and based on principles of equity, productivity and resource sustainability.
- Work in partnerships with national and international organizations, wherever called for, in pursuing the organization’s mission and goal.